Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Newborn Pictures


Kevin's Favorite!
My Favorite!



So, my mom and I had the bright idea to take our own "fabulous" and "amazing" newborn pictures of Kole. I would definitely not use either of those adjectives to describe the result. We gave it our best shot....we borrowed a space heater, ordered a cute knit hat off Etsy, scoured the web for lots of great newborn poses, found the perfect basket and blanket, and my mom even knit a baby hammock so we could get a picture of Kole hanging from a tree branch. But newborns are floppy and crabby and just want to eat and be left alone to sleep. By the end, we were exhausted and frankly, pretty crabby ourselves. So I made a quick call to a local photographer whose work I had seen and loved every time I went to my prenatal appointments, where her work is displayed. She had one opening that week and I took it! The appointment lasted almost 4 hours. I don't know how she was able to get such amazing pictures, especially after seeing how difficult a newborn is to photograph! So glad it all worked out and we have these lasting images of our sweet baby boy!

1 comment:

  1. They turned out great! I love the colors and the baby is so snuggly:)

    ReplyDelete